Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Learn English Through Humor: The Secret Lives of Disgruntled Appliances

Category: Self Improvement, Life Lessons, Web Stories

I always thought my house was quiet. I was wrong. It was just waiting for me to sleep.

Angry vintage fridge guarding biryani and samosas from a cheerful microwave in a cozy Indian kitchen at night

Mr. Fridge was furious. "Who ate my precious biryani and samosas?!" Meanwhile, little Mikey the Microwave was happily warming up the last one with a big smile. 00:42 seconds left until trouble!


Last Tuesday, at 2:13 AM, I woke up because someone was shouting in my kitchen. I live alone, so that was strange.

"I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!" a voice screamed.

I got up slowly and went to the kitchen. The voice was coming from my fridge. My fridge was open just a little bit, and its light was blinking like it was angry. Inside, there was a half-eaten samosa, three open ketchup packets, and one spoon of biryani in a huge steel pot.

"Look at this! Am I a dustbin? Who keeps one spoon of biryani in a giant pot? And this samosa has been here for four days! It has now become a family member!" Fridge shouted.

Before I could say anything, the Microwave jumped in. Microwave is very dramatic. "Oh my God, Fridge, I feel you, girl. You know what he did to me today? He put cold pizza inside me and forgot it for two hours! It became so hard, it could be used as a cricket bat! And then he blamed ME for not heating it properly!"

From the balcony, the Washing Machine started spinning fast. "You both are crying for small things? Let me tell you my pain! Today, this man put ONE SINGLE SOCK inside me. Just one. And he pressed the button for a full 45-minute wash. For one sock! My cousin who works in a dhobi shop is laughing at me!"

Then the Sofa, the oldest member of the house, spoke. His voice was deep and sad. "Children, you know nothing about suffering. This man sat on me for nine hours yesterday watching Money Heist. He ate two packets of chips and all the crumbs are still inside me. And the worst part... he farts and then says 'Ahh, what a comfy sofa'. I am not comfy, I am suffering!

Angry cartoon washing machine holding a single missing sock and scolding a lazy, messy sofa with a glowing angry wifi router

Washing Machine was done. "Where is the other sock?!" he yelled. But Mr. Sofa was too sleepy and covered in chips to care, while Router-kun glowed red with anger in the corner. Another mystery in the house of living appliances.


📖 

Introduction: What is Personification in English Literature?

In English literature, Personification is a figure of speech where human qualities, emotions, or actions are given to non-human objects or animals.

Today, we will learn how everyday household items can "talk" and express feelings, while upgrading your vocabulary and storytelling skills!


🎭 The Story: A 2:13 AM Midnight Meltdown

Imagine waking up at 2:13 AM to shouting in your kitchen. When you check, your household items are having a full-blown argument! Here is what they had to say:

1. The Overwhelmed Refrigerator 🧊

"I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! Am I a dustbin?"

The fridge's light was blinking angrily. Inside was a half-eaten samosa that had been there for four days (becoming a "family member"), three open ketchup packets, and just one spoon of biryani stored in a giant steel pot.

  • Literary Device: Personification (Giving anger and frustration to a fridge).
2. The Dramatic Microwave 🍕

"He put cold pizza inside me and forgot it for two hours!"

The microwave complained about being blamed for ruining dinner after the owner left pizza inside so long it became hard enough to be used as a cricket bat.

  • Literary Device: Hyperbole (Exaggeration — comparing hard pizza to a cricket bat).
3. The Embarrassed Washing Machine 🧺

"Today, this man put ONE SINGLE SOCK inside me for a full 45-minute wash!"

The washing machine expressed embarrassment, claiming its cousin working in a traditional dhobi shop was laughing at its wasteful usage.

  • Literary Device: Irony & Personification (A machine feeling embarrassed before its relatives).
4. The Long-Suffering Sofa 🛋️

"I am not comfy, I am suffering!"

The oldest appliance in the house recounted surviving a 9-hour Money Heist marathon, absorbing chip crumbs, and bearing the brunt of bad habits.


📚 Key Vocabulary & Idiom Breakdown

Is story se sikhne wale mahatvapurna English words aur phrases:

  1. Disgruntled (Adjective) – Unhappy, annoyed, or disappointed.
    • Example: The disgruntled appliance demanded better treatment from its owner.
  2. Grievance (Noun) – A real or imagined cause for complaint or protest.
    • Example: The sofa voiced its grievances after a long binge-watching session.
  3. Have had enough (Idiom) – To reach a limit of tolerance for something bad.
    • Example: The fridge screamed that it had had enough of bad space management.
  4. Bear the brunt (Idiom) – To suffer the worst part of an unpleasant situation.
    • Example: The sofa bore the brunt of the 9-hour TV marathon.

📝 Grammar & Writing Focus: How to Use Hyperbole

Microwave said,"Pizza is hard as "cricket bat".
We call this Hyperbole in English ( Exaggeration)

Why use Hyperbole in writing?

  • It makes descriptive writing funnier and more vivid.
  • It grabs the reader's attention instantly.

❓ Interactive Practice (Comment Below!)

Enhance your English writing skills by answering these two quick questions in the comments section:

  1. Question 1: Which household object in your room would complain about you first, and why? (Write 2 lines using Personification).
  2. Question 2: Make a sentence using the word "Disgruntled".






Post a Comment

0 Comments