Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Common English Phrasal Verbs You Need to Know | Speak Spark Igniting English Fluency

Common English Phrasal Verbs You Need to Know | Speak Spark Igniting English Fluency

Common English Phrasal Verbs You Need To Know

Ali: Hey, what time did you get up this morning?

John: Around 7. I wanted to sleep in, but I had to get ready for work.

Ali: Same here. I almost called off my morning workout because I was so tired.

John: Really? You should keep up with your workouts. You’ve been doing really well.

Ali: I know. Anyway, I ran into Sarah on my way to work.

John: No way! How is she?

Ali: She’s doing great. She said she might drop by this weekend.

John: Nice! We should hang out if she comes over.

Ali: Definitely. By the way, did you find out what happened at the office yesterday?

John: Not really. I heard the manager brought up some problems during the meeting.

Ali: Yeah, and apparently, they’re going to look into it.

John: That makes sense. We should probably sort out the problem before it gets worse.

Ali: Exactly. Anyway, I need to head out now or I’ll be late.

John: Alright. Take care!

Ali: You too. Catch up with you later!



Phrasal VerbMeaning
get upleave your bed
sleep insleep later than usual
get readyprepare yourself
call offcancel
keep upcontinue at the same level
run intomeet someone unexpectedly
drop byvisit someone briefly
hang outspend time relaxing with someone
find outdiscover information
bring upmention a topic
look intoinvestigate
sort outsolve a problem
head outleave
catch uptalk to someone you haven't seen recently

Tip:

Don’t try to memorize all of them at once. 

Pick 5 phrasal verbs, make your own sentences, and use them in conversation. That’s how they start to feel natural.













Post a Comment

0 Comments